My Bibi's Baby Blog - My Child Growing Up - A Daddy's Blog

A father's blog on his child's development. Also, please visit http://MDayTrader.Blogspot.com - My blog as a budding options trader.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Super Baby

Well, it's been about six weeks or so since my last post. Crud. But, like I keep saying, I'm trying to get better at it.

So, I would like to talk about my baby's rapid development. I kid you not, over the weekend, I saw a substantial change in his mental development. He was saying things on Sunday that he could not on Saturday. His speech was more rapid. His responses were faster, which to me implies more expedient information processing. He has about half a dozen songs memorized now and if you hum a tune with which he is familiar, more than likely he will be able to complete the song. His sentence formation continues to impress, as he's able to formulate different sentences that represent that same idea. He can describe objects using two consecutive adjectives (for example, the big, brown dog).

For about a month now, he normally specifies unknown objects by its shape. We have a square mirror in the kitchen and he refers to this mirror as the "big square." He can also identify like objects of different color. For example, he can identify cars on the road that are the same make and model as my car, but just of different color.

Now regarding his physical development, he's grown probably a good four to six inches since last year and has probably gained about eight to ten pounds as well. He's also lost some baby fat, which makes me kinda' sad cuz' he was such a chubby baby and seeing him lose the baby fat just reminds me that he's growing up. At any rate, he's gotten more physical in his play. He loves to run and tackle me. He can throw a regulation-sized NFL football about two feet or so. He also can carry my five-pound ankle weights with ease.

Gosh, can't believe how quickly this has all happened. Just yesterday, he was a little baby boy that could barely crawl, and now he's a toddler running around and trying to push me over! : )

--Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home